Awe, wonder, and gratitude.
That’s what I feel when I consider these contrasts of the Christmas story:
- Angelic heavenly hosts—A cold, rocky hillside
- Sophisticated, wealthy visitors—Rugged sheep herders
- Riding high on camels—Trudging over hills with lambs
- A king killing babies—A baby born to be king
- The maker of heaven and earth born into his creation
- On the shortest, darkest days of the year, celebrating life and hope
What other Christmas contrasts come to mind? What emotions do they call forth in you? What hope do they give you?